Wednesday, January 16, 2008

We're 2 weeks into 2008 and I've been slacking on blog posts. I was planning on doing a post on what 2007 was to me. So here goes, albeit a tad abridged version since I've got some reports to type up...


2007 was the first full year I spent in the United States since OH MY GOODNESS 1996! The answer would have been 1997 but I spent 3 weeks in Okinawa for my jiichan's (grandpa's) funeral.

Let me break it down for you:

1997 - 3 weeks: Okinawa

1998 - sept. -dec.: Yokohama

1999 - Jan. - June: Yokohama

2000 - Sept. - Dec.: Nagoya

2001 - 2006: Okinawa, Japan, Thailand, India, Taiwan, Malaysia, Philippines, Canada...


First time I celebrated Thanksgiving with my parents since 1999.


First time I ran a marathon (did a triathlon that incl. a marathon in 2006 but pretty much walked the marathon part)

First job in the U.S. since graduating from college.


I look forward to 2008 as I feel like I've adjusted to life in America (bye bye reverse culture shock... for the most part) and have some wonderful plans in the works. My training schedule will not be as crazy but will be replaced with more work and school.







Having lived abroad during the last presidential election, I didn't really notice the lack of interest people in their 20's have towards their right to vote. I honestly thought that most people I know choose to use their right to vote and are interested in the candidates but I'm finding that I'm wrong in that assumption. Even now with all the interesting people running for office, a lot of my friends just don't care. I find that sad...