Monday, January 19, 2009

Sharing a couple articles that I've read in the past few days. One from the NY Times talks about increased enrollment in the military as the economy worsens. This doesn't surprise me as I've even considered the military, albeit, mine has been a consistent thought over 10 or more years regardless of the economy. Pat has joined the Army in the past year but his reasons aren't the same as the ones listed in the article. Lowered standards for entry also don't matter for him as he probably raised the average IQ level a good 3 points by joining :) Not to say that ... y'all know what I mean. I'm just saying the article says the standards were lowered but that isn't the case for Pat's acceptance, he's quite intelligent. Here is the link to the article.
Article number two has to do with serving food in another person's restaurant. Matt and I did this when we first started serving ramen back in June. Because of different issues we decided to partner up with a cafe and serve ramen out of his place and he would take care of the drinks. It would have been a good relationship but certain factors forced us to reconsider the arrangement and put the venture on hold. I haven't yet checked out the place in the Mission where this guy is serving his food but will update once I've gone. Good idea to save on overhead. Of course for us, renting space in a commercial kitchen was expensive... Check out the article