Monday, June 01, 2009

GGTC Vineman ride


ggtc vineman ride
Originally uploaded by Brian McNitt
Haven't blogged lately but after looking at this picture I thought I'd share something: Don't follow me on a ride if I don't know where I'm going. :) I posted a ride on a course that I'll be racing on in July and there were a couple of people who knew where they were going. At one point, myself and another guy were ahead of the group and thought that the next main point would be at the top of a hill. What we didn't know is that there was a turn before we reached said hill. We did go up and down a hill but found that we were 15 miles out of the way. We eventually met up with everybody at the end of the ride. It was a tough ride in which we tried to catch up with the others.

Last weekend I also partook in a swim/ride but found myself lost along with a couple friends. I thought we were looking for a road but that turned out to be the town name... We eventually found our way to the meeting point thanks to GPS and a blackberry.

Hopefully I don't get lost during the next 3 weekends as I'll be racing :)