Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Terrible Tuesday

It's been a while so I thought I'd share. As August gets closer more and more people are asking about my plans for Post JET. I wish I had this grand plan for my future but I don't. I do know I'll be going home for a little bit to see family, friends, and America. Coming back to Okinawa is definitely something I'd like to do but it's all about timing and job opportunities. Maybe I'll head down to South America or Europe for a little bit.
Ok, moving on...
This week has been awful in terms of training. On Tuesday I had a camera inserted into my stomach via my throat. It was part of my annual health check up and my first time, and hopefully last time, that a camera was used to look at the inside of my stomach. First, i got a shot in my arm, then had to hold anisthetic gel stuff at the back of my throat while it all numbed, next was the spray anisthetic that I swallowed (yuck). Finally, good ole doc slipped a camera thru my mouth, down my throat, into my stomach. Whilst this was happening I was choking, gagging, burping, crying. I could feel it move around! That lasted about 10 minutes. Also, I wasn't allowed to eat from 8 P.M. the previous night and then couldn't eat for 2 hours after the procedure which totaled 17 hours. Tuesday night I played softball with my board of education. I think I did something wrong because my back is very sore and this is all very bad because I'm currently training for a strongman triathlon that is going to take place in a month and a half. Please pray for healing and my future. Well, I was planning on going over the past couple weeks but apparently I only filled you in on Tuesday.