Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Wow, it's been a while since I posted anything. My life has been pretty busy. The new school year has just started and I'm settling back into my daily routine. Time to recap... Well, the end of March had me going to about 5 parties in 6 days. Lots of good byes. Plus I've still been training hard and i ran a couple of races. One 20 km race called a trim marathon b/c you don't know your time or distance at any point during the run. When you apply you put down the time you think you'll run the race in. I put down 1:30 and ended up running it in 1:25 so no prize as I was 5 minutes off. The other race I did was my favorite and also my fastest run last year, the ayahashi half marathon. It's a race that goes on a bridge for about 5 km to another island and then on the way back you run over another bridge to another island. The view is spectacular and since it's a big circle you get to see the other runners (friends) a couple times. This year the weather wasn't that great, rainy and windy, so I didn't have the run I was hoping for but overall I ended the running season off on a good note. All my 20 km and half marathon runs were between 1:25 and 1:32. My one 10 km run, I ran in 39:56. My goal was 40 minutes so I was happy. Now all I'm looking forward to the triathlon next week. My knees have been bothering me on the bike lately so I've been going to a sports therapist a couple times a week and I'm feeling better and more confident about the race. My parents come in tomorrow so I'm excited about having them here for 3 weeks. My dad will be going with me to Miyako Island for the race. It'll be nice to have a family member there when (fingers crossed) I cross the finish line. April has been a month of meeting new teachers, having welcome parties, training, and starting classes (which have been awesome thus far). Well, that's about it. Here are some pics of me at welcome parties, training, random. Take care and Happy Spring.