Thursday, September 14, 2006

So a little rant I shall put forward. In Japan we (foreigners) often complain about the driving of the Japanese. We all agree that it's awful. It annoyed the heck out of me too. But I believe America is worse. Now my opinion is mostly based on 2 bad, wait, horrible drivers I encountered today. We all know about the "right on red rule" right? WELL, A lady decided it was her God given right to turn on red today, but Here be the problem; I was going straight on green. Luckily I've become American enough to honk like crazy. Close call but no accident. Example number 2 is even dumber, mostly because it was in a residential area. Some moron decided he was going to race out of a cul de sac in my neighborhood w/o looking either way. Luckily I was going slow enough that he didn't ram into me. I'm still focusing on the right side of the road. Gotta love America, You know, how even if an American knows he's doing something wrong/ stupid/ ignorant He or she will just stare at you like it's your fault. Didn't have a chance to honk at that guy as I was dumbfounded by his All American stare and speed of his car.
ON TO HAPPIER THOUGHTS... GOYA, Oh yeah, that bumpy, green, bitter melon we all grow to love and devour in Okinawa. Well, guess what?
My mom grows goya in Michigan and there huge. Last night we had some "goya champuru" minus the spam and tofu. Here are some pics of my mom and her goya.



By the way, I'm still having a wonderful time in the states and look forward to staying a while.