Monday, April 27, 2009

Quick Update

I haven't been as regular with my blogging lately but don't let that make you think I'm not thinking of you :)
I spent most of last week in Georgia for my buddy Pat's graduation from Officer Candidate School (OCS) which now makes him a 2nd Lt. in the United States Army. I didn't treat it as a vacation as I was quite jetlagged from the red eye flight out there and I spent most of my free-time working in the hotel room. I did manage to fit in a run while visiting which was an experience. Running around a 1 mile track with deer on it and gunfire in the backround. I guess that's part of running on a military base in the south.

I'm now back in SF for a few days before heading to Lake San Antonio, which is about 3 and a half hours southeast of SF, to participate in the Wildflower Triathlon. It is a half ironman distance race (1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, and 13 mile run). I'm considering riding my new tri bike. Pictures will be posted later but basically I put down a payment yesterday and will be buying it today :) Really excited!

Will write more but as I'm only working 4 days this week, I really need to get back to work. Cheers.