Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Last week I spent a couple days in Chicago for a JETAA National conference. I arrived a bit early so I decided to venture out and check out the Art Institute. There was a lot to see and some of it was typical of most big city museums, art by famous people... There were a couple pieces that made me think that even I could become famous as I didn't get how the piece was considered art. A canvas with nothing but orange on it doesn't seem so creative. There was one area where as I was walking to it, a lady walked in and immediately walked out mumbling under her breath, "I don't do clowns." This should have let me know that this area wasn't for me as I don't do disturbing/scary and clowns are scary. Well, I went in and it freaked me out. Luckily I had the frame of mind to record it and give you a chance to see what I saw.