Monday, December 18, 2006

Oops, I decided to change the template of my blog and a couple of things got lost along the way. Will be working on getting my links back on board during the week.

GYMS GYMS GYMS
So as many of you know, I've been checking out gyms in the local area. My deal breaker is that it has to have a pool. When I started out looking for a gym I thought maybe 2 or 3 have pools but it turns out that 5 or 6 do which are within 10 minutes from work. I've narrowed my options down to 2 based on a highly technical, scientific process of counting steps from work to gym, cleanliness, coolness factor, price, and lastly, if I know anybody working out at one of the gyms. More to come as I decide which gym to join but today I'm leaning towards the more expensive, nicer gym. The mens locker used to be a bank vault. I know that has nothing to do with working out but I think that's pretty cool.


RIDICULOUS


The Knicks and Nuggets (NBA) got into a brawl, well a little fight, this past weekend. It appears that everybody involved is blaming somebody else. What is disheartening is the fact that Isiah Thomas warned Carmelo Anthony about a minute before the incident occurred. I know he didn't blatantly say there was going to be a hard foul or fight but come on, he's the freaking coach and president! I do believe that players get worked up and pride/ego are part of the equation so tensions will rise and sometimes fights break out. Well, the NBA came back and handed out some fines and suspensions. It's sad because Carmelo Anthony is one of the new faces of the NBA and that incident will probably hurt his credibility. I say probably because acting out your anger is so commonplace in sports today that people are becoming numb to it all. Look at Zidane at the World Cup, the French embraced him after the head butt. On a good note, I'm in a NBA fantasy league and none of the guys who got suspended were on my team. It'll be interesting to see what happens with these two teams. New York can't get any worse and maybe Denver will get AI now that Melo is gone for 15 games. If you want to read more about the fines and suspensions go to, http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2701228 .