Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A nice weekend to get away
Last week a highschool/college buddy of mine, Tim Anderson, was visiting the area with his girlfriend as they consider relocating to Northern California. They spent a couple nights at my place while spending the days in teacher forums where they met with different schools in the area. I originally had a busy Saturday planned as I'd been in charge of a tax seminar that was going to be held for JETs who returned within the last year. Due to a lack of RSVPs, we decided to cancel the event. It was supposed to be a nice weekend in San Francisco and I was going to try and get in some quality training runs but the cold and fog swept in, convincing me to head out to Napa with Tim and Jen. On Sat. we went to Grgich Hills winery where Dave, another college friend, works. We tasted some and then headed to another guy's house to BBQ some salmon and mushrooms. The property overlooked the Mondavi Vineyard which pretty much left us speechless for a couple of minutes. It really was that nice! On Sunday, Tim and Jen went to a couple of wineries courtesy of DD John. Afterwards, they let me go to Target to check out some furniture and other things. Thanks to their patience and car, my room now has a new storage cabinet, shoebox, and lamp. Jen took a redeye back to Boston while Tim and I put together my newly acquired furniture. The weather in Napa was wonderful and I had a great, relaxing weekend hanging out with Tim, Jen, and Dave.
Here are some pics and videos:

Tim used to do this monkey call in the cafeteria in college. Always good for a laugh.

Tim playing in the flowers.
Dinner in San FranciscoWick, Tim, Jen, JohnDave explaining FAT (Fruit, Acidity, Tannens) I thinkTim's thirsty

SunsetDave the expertMy attempt at artistic photography