Monday, April 23, 2007

Wine is the drink of choice. Everybody's drinking it.
Things have changed since I graduated from college. 5 plus years have passed and it seems we've all become classier. No more PBR, high life, mad dog... We now all have wine cellars, racks, cool openers, tops, decanters, crystal glasses... I wonder when and how this change came about? I'm just going with the flow although it helps that a glass of red wine is good for you. I've spent the past 5 years drinking Orion Beer and Awamori. I guess I'm lucky in that I've got wine country just an hour away and a great friend to help me learn more about the different fruits, acids, tannens. But I digress. Actually I haven't even started writing about what I originally started this post about. I was just reading about cool new products and came upon a thing called a Winepod. For only $3500 you can have a winery in your kitchen. And it looks nice. I'll be ordering one in about 20 years when I have the funds to invest and the price has come down to about $30 at Target.
The Winepod just happens to be the first of many cool products. If you decide to check out the site (and I'm sure you will), you'll see my future house, how the utilities will be powered, and how I'll be getting around. I'm sure I'll be able to afford all this when I come up with that one big idea. Right now I'm working on a hard drive for the brain so I can remember everything I hear and read. Looks like it's going to be a while.