Thursday, May 10, 2007

Sake wo nomimashou.

Last night I went to a sake tasting event with a couple of friends. It was my first time going to an event to drink sake and it was pretty much what I expected; walk around and taste sake. It was smaller than I thought it would be, esp. for the price, but I got my fill of sake and had a couple of appetizers. Even though I lived in Japan for so many years, I never really drank sake. In Okinawa, awamori is the adult beverage of choice and is quite different from sake. By the way, Sake in Japanese generally means alcoholic beverage not rice wine. To learn more about sake, shochu, and awamori, check out http://www.sake-world.com/html/shochu-awamori.html.

Although I enjoyed last night, I don't foresee myself making a habit of going out drinking during the week. A drink here and there will suffice.

酒を飲みましょう。

昨日酒味見イベントに行きました。酒は美味しかったけどやっぱり泡盛の方が好きですね。イベントは思ったより小さかったです。ここで泡盛イベントあったらいいなと思っています。カリー :)