Friday, November 30, 2007



Last week I ran in two races. The first one was in
Sacramento and about 23,000 people participated. It was on
Thanksgiving day. My cousin, Kyle, and I ran together and
my dad and my cousin, Kevin, started together. Kyle and I
ran it in 21:38 to improve upon last years time by almost a
minute. Kevin finished just behind us but probably would
have kept up if he had started with us instead of in the
back. My dad ended up taking the scenic route when he
missed the 5 km turn. That meant that he ran the 10 km as
there were two distances to choose from. He had never run
that long of a distance before and finished in a
respectable 50 minutes.
On Sunday, I was back in San Francisco and ran a race
called "California Academy of Sciences' - Run Wild! 5k/10k!
" People are encouraged to dress up and participate. Most
people don't but I didn't know that before showing up in my
monkey costume. Overall, I had a great time running but by
the last mile was starting to get pretty hot. I finished
in 19:40 to be deemed the First Costume Finisher.
Just follow this link to my photos:

http://www.flickr.com/gp/87011538@N00/dC5n33

If the link doesn't work, try copying and pasting it from
this email into your browser's address bar.