Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Blue Zone
Originally uploaded by john hayato
Has it really been a week since my last post? Yikes, I better step it up. With April comes exciting news. As many of you know I will be running the Boston marathon in 3 weeks but something crazy that I haven't been letting on is that I put in my notice at my current job. I won't be quitting until early/mid May but I had a talk with my boss last week since I will really need to give 100% to the Ramen truck business if I am to see it work. Matt, my business partner, and I have been talking a lot lately about the timeline and we're hoping to launch Tabe (ta-bay) Trucks by mid May. The actual website should be up in the next couple weeks (www.tabetrucks.com) but right now we just have a cover page to keep your interest piqued.

According to the Blue Zone site, I will live to 85.6 years but I'm not holding my breath as stress is not a good thing, being Okinawan is :) From a book about longevity: "We've found, for example, the behaviors associated with "happy hour" will give you more good years of life than the behaviors associated with going to the gym." That's not good for me.

In sports news, I've been playing a lot of soccer while I prepare for races and after the marathon I will probably be joining a competitive 11 on 11 mens team that plays on Sundays. Right now I play 8 on 8 competitive co-ed on Mondays and 11 on 11 mens intermediate on Saturdays. This past Saturday my team, Wasabi FC, got worked for a 7-2 loss. The silver lining for me was that I scored the 2 goals for our team. This weekend I will be traveling 3 to 4 hours away for a training weekend with my triathlon club where we will camp, have clinics, and swim run bike. Should be fun.