Monday, April 07, 2008

This past weekend I took a roadtrip three and a half hours south to train with my triathlon club. We went to Lake San Antonio where the Wildflower Triathlon is held every year. It is in just over a month and there were almost 150 from my club participating in the training weekend. Although I'm not doing Wildflower I thought it would be fun to go down and get some good workouts. The weather was beautiful but it got downright cold at night, too cold for me. As you can see in the picture, my buddy Son and I slept on cots in a really big tent that I borrowed from Alan. On Sat. I did a hard 56 mile bike ride followed by a 1 mile swim. We had a bbq that evening and I was in bed trying to stay warm by 10. The next morning I did a 1 mile swim and then went on a lovely 10 km run. I wanted to run longer but my foot has been bugging me over the past week so I'm trying to take it easy. This week, I will mostly do swimming and bike rides to give the bottom of my right foot a rest. Next year I hope to do the training weekend again but I will be staying in a cabin.