Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Masters swimming

Well, as you all know, I am going to be giving Ironman New Zealand a go in March 2009. So I'm getting serious about it by formally getting a coach and training program along with really focusing on my swim which is my worst event of the 3. Yesterday I got up at 5 so that I could give Masters swimming a try. What I didn't know is there are IM workouts during the hour of swimming which include the butterfly, backstroke, and breast along with freestyle. I have never done the butterfly stroke and after flopping my self 25 yards down the lane, I thought I was going to drown. But the coach was very understanding and explained to me the technique along with how to make my other strokes more efficient. I look forward to getting better at swimming but waking up at 5 am is something I'm not excited about.