Saturday, February 04, 2006

Good Morning!!! It's Sunday and I'm at work. Today 2 of my schools are having class presentations for parents and people from the village. Each class will do either a dance, play, song, something. I do get tomorrow off which I'm all ready looking forward to. But I'm getting ahead of myself. This blog is to let you know what I did Friday and Saturday. So here's the deal; Elvira's, my Mexican Hermana, parents are in Okinawa for a week and she decided to invite some peeps over for a dinner. Not just any dinner but a true, straight up I was back in Mexico, Dinner! It was delicious and we all had a great time but unfortunately I had to head out early so that I could wake up at 5:45 on Sat. morn. I had agreed to help my uncle cut branches on a tree that runs along the street my family lives on. We have to do it on weekend mornings because that's when there is least amount of traffic. So I cut branches, cleaned the area up and it was time to head up north for an ekiden (a running relay race where each person runs between 1 and 3.3 km.) I was invited to run with Ginoza high school teachers team in the Northern high school ekiden. It was a chilly day (perfect for running) but with wind that made it hard to breathe. I was the 5th person to run on a 9 person team. My distance was 3.3 km. My goal was to run it in under 11 min. but I also thought it was only 3 km. I finished in 11:13, good enough for 1st place in my "part" and 2nd overall. Now if you're wondering why my writing is quite mediocre this morning, I Have a Headache! Naturally when Japanese gather and do something together there is always a drinking party afterward. I went, I had a couple of drinks, I went to sleep. Now I am at work and trying to get this post done before the show. Here are some pics of Friday night. Saturday's pics will come later. Sayonara for now.
Everybody having a good time

Elvira and her mom cooking!

Chris, Boss Hogg, Madole.