Sunday, February 26, 2006

Where did the weekend go???
It feels like I went to sleep on Friday night and woke up on Monday morning. That's not to say I did nothing but sleep all weekend, actually quite the opposite. Friday night was my usual footsal (indoor soccer) practice followed by grabbing a bite to eat with my teammates. Practice ends at 10 but we usually don't get to a restaurant until about 11 since most of my teammates drop off cars so they can have beer, awamori, alcohol. Called Friday a night at around 2 in the morning and went to sleep hoping it would stop raining by 8 which is when I wanted to go for a bike ride. I awoke Saturday with plans to exercise, exercise, and exercise but it was not meant to be. Rain kept coming down. So I decided to go for a swim but it was crowded and I couldn't get into any rhythm at all. Next I ventured down to my relative's house to help get ready for a get together which included a pig roast, a full sized pig cooked in a huge barrel. I helped out for a little bit and then headed off to Kadena air base to see a presentation about the trip to India myself and other teachers took over break. Reyhan gave a wonderful presentation where Elina, Chris, Yasemin, and I were "given" (Reyhan would just give one of us the mic and tell us to talk) a chance to talk about our experiences. Sunday brought much of the same as Saturday; Rain. The day started out early since Pat was running the marathon and I was doing a 10 km road race. Pat ended up finishing around 4 hours 30 min. ( a personal best) and I took 19th place with a time of 39 min. 56 sec. Almost time to go teach a class so here goes the summary. After the race I went to a soccer tournament. I played in 3 games (8 on 8, 30 minutes straight). Lost in the finals 3-2, sad, should have won. Now it's monday morning and my body is sore. Have a great week!