Thursday, February 16, 2006

Not something to be proud of...
I recently got my score back from the Level 1 Japanese Proficiency test I took back in December. I hadn't studied much and needless to say, I Failed! Now I went into the test thinking I was going to fail but now that I've gotten the official results, it really hit home how lazy I was about preparing for this test. After much thought and consideration I have come to the conclusion that there were 4 main distractions that kept me from studying. The 1st would be my job and there's nothing I can do about that. The 2nd would have to be the time I put towards exercising. Not gonna be stopping that anytime soon. The 3rd would be reading and actually that has taken a backseat to my 4th reason. The internet and the fact that I have my own laptop which I can take anywhere with me. From here on out, I will be restricting my time on my computer. Whenever I am at home or work, I always have my computer with me and like many of you people out there I check my email, read the news, chat...whenever I have a free moment. Not to say I have a lot of free time but during those moments where I have 10 or 20 minutes I will try and focus on studying Japanese or catching up on reading. This year if I am still in Japan in December, I will be passing that test! Maybe I shouldn't write it down but hey I like to be held accountable. Would everybody be training hard for triathlons if they didn't cost an arm and a leg to enter? I think not. Well, maybe a few of us. Overall we need goals, to be held accountable, and support. Rah! Rah! Rah!
Well, back to studying Japanese. My quota for internet usage in a day is up and I've got things to do.
Hardest thing EVER! Reading a Japanese paper