Thursday, October 23, 2008

Do you currently belong to a gym? Well, over the course of the last 5 years I've belonged to a salt-water "spa" that had a pool, an expensive gym in downtown SF, and a cheap one close to my apartment. And now I find myself strongly considering joining a pool downtown that is a bit pricey but probably worth it. When I belonged to the spa and expensive gym, I would go 4-5 times a week b/c I knew that I had to make it worth the money. Since joining the cheap one, I think I've gone 3, maybe 4 times in as many months. What's funny is that a lot of people belong to the cheap gym and hardly ever go. Talk about a sweet business model! Most of my friends who belong to the gym actually belong to other gyms also but won't cancel the membership because of its price. So I'm at a crossroads, do I cancel my membership and join one that I'll actually go to. The expensive gym, although pricey, was really nice and had a pool. Of course I worked closer to it before than I currently do and that was a huge reason for me canceling. I'm leaning toward just keeping my current membership and joining the pool as I need to start working on my swimming in preparation for Ironman New Zealand.