Thursday, February 22, 2007

I appreciate...
Since moving back, I have gone through some interesting reverse culture shock. I was excited about coming back but I feel I was more sad about leaving Okinawa. Over the past 6 months I've had some wonderful experiences that make me glad I made the jump and also moments when I wish I was back in Okinawa. Seeing the Yoshida Brothers ( a Japanese group) play last week at a Japanese sushi/ jazz club made me get all mushy about Japan. I wanted to go back. But then this week, I went and saw Dave Chappelle at a comedy club and laughed for a good 2 hours. All the events there are have made the transition easier and I'm truly enjoying life in San Francisco. In April I will be going to another concert, John Legend and Corinne Bailey Rae.
I'm guessing that my desire to return to Okinawa will come and go. I'm just going to have to make the most of my time in SF until I decide to move on.