Tuesday, February 27, 2007

No more Garbage truck noise
So I get a lot of RSS feeds at work and thought this one is worth sharing. But first, some history: My room in my apt. is street side. The windows are very thin. Therefore, I hear all noise from the street. This is a problem because garbage trucks come about 3 or 4 times a week whether it be for recycling, regular trash, restaurant bins... I hear it all. It's especially annoying on days when the bins are filled with glass bottles. It turns out that DARPA will be working on a technology to make tanks, humvees, big loud trucks quieter thru the use of some type of ultrasound technology. I'm not going to pretend to know what the technology is all about but if it makes it so I get a good nights sleep, I'll be a very happy man. I was going to read thru the DARPA report and be more knowledgable about this new technology but the report is something like 450 pages long and the only books I read that long are by J.K. Rowling. To see the blog where I read up on this new and wonderful idea, go to here. The article is about a fourth of the way down. There's also some other cool articles. Enjoy!